Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Dishwasher, A Spider, and Jesus

Yesterday afternoon I faced a serious moral dilemma. After I was done loading the dishwasher I noticed a tiny little spider inside. His eight little spider legs were struggling mightily to gain a purchase on the slippery plastic of the inside of the dishwasher. Everyone knows I am terrified of spiders, I hate them and they can make me pee when I don't want to pee. I also don't like killing anything at this point in my life. I am to old and have been through to much pain to willingly inflict pain on another living creature, hated or not.

I did a lot of thinking between the time I loaded the dishwasher and the 3 or so hours later before I started the dishwashing process. Was there a way I could remove the spider without causing death or serious injury to myself or others? Perhaps long tweezers with just the right amount of tension so not to squeeze the little creature to death. Maybe a little jar to trap him inside. Let's be serious here, I was not about to pick the thing up with my hands. It would have bit me and I would have died, I am sure of it.

It seems that Jesus looked down and saw my struggle. He chose to help me out. When I opened the dishwasher to look before I started it running the little spider was nowhere to be seen...........

I sincerely hope he escaped through the drain before I unleashed a watery hell the likes of which he had never imagined on him.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad when I kill spiders... Ok, I feel bad when I have someone else kill spiders... but can't sleep at night if I know one is on the loose in my house!

    ReplyDelete