Thursday, June 10, 2010

God and Beer. How the Giraffe came to be

I have been thinking about giraffes a lot today. Below is my theory on how they came to be in existence. It's only a theory. I could be wrong, I don't think I am, but I could be.

The scene opens with God sitting at his workbench with his machines on creating a new creature. He has created the body, legs, and tail of this creature, as he is moving onto the neck he glances down into the Garden of Eden to check on things and sees Eve running around naked, yet again.

"Great Googly Moogly"!!!! God exclaims. "St. Peter!!!!, Hey Pete get in here, she's naked again"!!!!

"Bring some beer"!! God yells, "I've never seen her do this before."

St. Peter comes running in lugging a case of Miller High Life.

"What's she doing now, God"? he asks.

"Not sure what you call it". God replies, "But I did not intend for a snake to be used in that manner, hand me a beer".

"I don't know why she keeps doing crap like his". God says "I gave them a fig tree, I even strongly hinted that the leaves would be perfect for covering up a little. She sure makes it hard to get any work done".

"Speaking of work" St. Peter says, "What are you working on now"?

"HOLY CRAP"!!!! God yells as he turns around "I forgot to turn the machine off"!!!!!!

St. Peter turns to see what is going on and starts howling with drunken laughter. "What the hell is that"???? he howls. Seeing the newly created creature with an extremely long neck.

"I was working on the neck when that idiot in the garden distracted me". says God as he begins to laugh as well. "Man, when this thing gets a sore throat it's gonna be really pissed." he says with a giggle.

"It looks all out of proportion" St. Peter says

"I will fix the neck". God says "Wait, I have a better idea" he says as he begins to giggle uncontrollably. "I'm gonna make the legs longer instead, They will think I was on acid when I made this thing."

Our scene ends with God and St. Peter finishing off the case of beer and laughing like only drunken men can. What started out as a mistake has become one of the most beloved animals on earth. Funny how things work out.

1 comment: