Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy.

I posted while back about things that piss me off. That may have been viewed as a bit negative. So for the sake of staying a bit more even keeled here is a list of things that make me happy.

First and foremost are my nieces and nephews. They are the best part of my life and they mean more to me than they probably know.

My family, they have put up with me far longer than anyone should have to.

Puppies. I don't think I will ever have another dog. My dog Prince was the best dog that ever lived, and I just can't take it when they die. I still love puppies though.

Clever T-shirts. They are a must, I am especially fond of those that have anti-republican sayings on them. Chalk this one up as a negative positive.

Really cold beer on a really hot evening.

Being alone with no sounds but nature. It's the most peaceful feeling one can have.

Ducks. I'm not sure why, I just really like ducks.

Friday Night Lights. I freaking LOVE that show.

Reading books. I love to read, I always have.

Fishing with grandpa Chuck. I may never get the chance to do it again but I will always have the memories.

A cheeseburger with bacon, blue cheese crumbles and a vinegar based BBQ sauce. I truly believe this is what God has for dinner every night.

The music of Steve Earle, Chelle Rose, and Todd Snider.

Snakes.

Getting a new tattoo. It's a great feeling, hurts like hell, but a great feeling.

Knowing that someday this will all be over and I can talk to God and Grandma Annie, and play fetch with Prince.

That's pretty much it.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a nice post, I won't even make a smartass remark.

    ReplyDelete