Thursday, April 23, 2009

Retirement Home Here I Come

I think I'd like to live in a retirement community. I have always enjoyed the company of older folks, they have so much wisdom to offer, we just need to be smart enough to listen. I also enjoy long, often pointless talks about the weather, the heat, humidity, snow in California, it's all open for discussion.

I don't really care for people my own age, this is an ongoing thing in my life. No matter what age I am, I don't like most people that are my age. I am always so much older than others my age I have nothing in common with them.

Phrases commonly uttered be the older generation like "Kids these days" and "turn that music down!!" I seem to use on a daily basis. Often with the traditional shaking of the head and muttering under my breath. I have yet to start shaking my fist at teenagers but I feel it can't be far off.

With my back and neck the way they are I often shuffle along like the older generation so I'd fit right in there. I would not get to far ahead in the race for pills and Jello at 3 pm.

I LOVE to play shuffleboard and feel I am still pretty competitive at it. I can hold grudges for years and often find myself saying "back in my day......"

So there it is folks. I am planning on looking through some brochures and starting the selection process. It should not take to long, provided those meddling neighbor kids stay off the lawn.

1 comment:

  1. You also soil yourself frequently. You would fit right in.

    ReplyDelete