Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peculiar Little Wal-Mart Man

I just ran into the most peculiar little man at Wal-Mart. As he scanned my items he placed each one in it's own bag, folded the ends around, then placed each one in another bag. He then tied the handles of the second bag into a triple knot thereby eliminating the handle that was placed there for my use.

I asked the peculiar little man to stop doing this and he replied "I have too". Note that he did not reply "It's policy". A quick look around at the other checkers gave me every indication that this peculiar little man was alone in his handle eliminating crusade.

In the end, as he handed me each double bagged item with no handles with which to grasp I ripped open the bags, tossed them aside, and re-bagged each item myself. He gave no indication that he was in the slightest bit alarmed or upset at what I was doing.

This peculiar little man is one of the most fascinating individuals I have ever run across. I believe further study is needed. I will provide updates as more information comes to light.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that plastic bags are a hazard for children and the "mentally challenged." When he said "I have to," maybe it was because he felt compelled to tie the bags closed to protect you.

    You weren't wearing an Obama shirt by any chance, were you?

    ReplyDelete