Saturday, April 4, 2009

Waterfowl And The Judicial System

I live near Coralville Iowa. In Coralville there is a beautiful city park with all of the normal park-like amenities. This includes a fine pond with a fountain and plenty of ducks walking around. One thing is very different at this park however. It's ILLEGAL TO FEED THE DUCKS!!!!!!

This park is right next to the police station, if you are spotted feeding the ducks you will be issued a citation by the police. Feeding the ducks could possibly alter the course of your life. We all know that if you fail to pay a citation a warrant is issued for your arrest. That means the police will be looking for you. You will be arrested, processed, and booked, then placed in a cell, all because some ducks were hungry.

Picture this, you are in a cell with many other people all bragging about what they are "in for". The fat guy in a bunny suit says "I beat 27 people to death with a rubber carrot." The tiny geeky looking guy with a bad goatee just keeps repeating "I told those fuckers I'd show 'em." Now, all eyes are on you. You draw up to your full heigth, look that big sum bitch in a bunny suit in the eye and say........... "I fed the ducks."

Personally, I would demand a jury trial. Unless the prosecutor finds 12 people who were traumatized by waterfowl I think it's a pretty safe bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment